Saturday, November 08, 2008

Boy or Girl.. whose side are you on??

Before you start reading this one, I want you to first go and watch this video,

Hopefully, u have seen the video. I dont know why I felt so strongly about this. May be cause the difference between being a boy and a girl in a relationship is shown so beautifully in this video. Hats off to the director!! What is even more surprising is that this dynamics remain the same, whether you are in India, U.S. or any part of the world..


It reminds me of what happened to a very close friend of mine. She just got proposed by his best frnd. They had a long distance relationship. While he was out, he made lot of friends. One was special, a girl. They used to go out, shared their life and secrets, and when needed they were there for each other. In short, they were very close. So close, that when this guy announced that he was committed to his friends, they suspected that it was this girl.. No one gussed that he had a girl back home. Such was a situation.. Now this friend of mine trusted his guy, but it had a limit.. And somedays when this trust was weakened and she would ask about his relationship with this girl, it would eventually end in a fight. The boy would shout on her, ask her to stop suspecting. The girl had to let it go.. No doubt, they loved each other very much, and they r still going on strong.. But the question is what if the situation was opposite. Will they still be together?? Would the boy be able to do the same had his girl had such a close relation with another guy.. wouldnt his jealousy got the better of him and made him dump her. How much the boy says he would trust his girl, I wouldnt believe until I such a thing happen.

Coming back to the song, I have pasted portions of the lyrics, i loved...

A girl describing what a guy does

If I were a boy
Even just for a day
I’d roll outta bed in the morning
And throw on what I wanted then go
Drink beer with the guys
And chase after girls
I’d kick it with who I wanted
And I’d never get confronted for it.
Cause they’d stick up for me.

If I were a boy
I would turn off my phone
Tell everyone it’s broken
So they’d think that I was sleepin’ alone
I’d put myself first
And make the rules as I go
Cause I know that she’d be faithful
Waitin’ for me to come home

What she truly feels..

It’s a little too late for you to come back
Say its just a mistake
Think I’d forgive you like that
If you thought I would wait for you
You thought wrong

But you’re just a boy
You don’t understand
Yeah, you don’t understand
How it feels to love a girl someday
You'll wish you were a better man
You don’t listen to her
You don’t care how it hurts
Until you lose the one you wanted
Cause you’ve taken her for granted
And everything you have got destroyed
But you’re just a boy

Just awesome and beautifully done.. I am a fan and a believer

0 comments:

Post a Comment