Sunday, January 20, 2008

Being loved


What an overwhelming feeling being immensely cared creates.. You just cant figure what sort of emotion drives the person to care so much, say those words, have those eyes filled with emotions.


I am a lecturer in a college. Every semester there is a student that has a huge crush on me. I know that by the time they pass out, it will be over.So I am not bothered much by it and its been happening for the past 2-3 sems.. But this one was seemed different. You can tell when its just a crush or something more.. And i can see that this was something more than just a mere crush. When he almost proposed, I could have embarrassed him, insulted him and done number of other things to crush his feelings, but doing that is not in my nature. I respected his feelings. And he never tried anything stupid....It stayed that way. Like other cases, this was also to be forgotten. But something changed it..

I felt sick, he called in to check how I was doing. The way in which he talked, it was so moving. After keeping the phone, I wanted to thank him for caring so much. I dont know what to name his feelings, huge respect, crush or love, but whatever it is, he masters it. Yesterday was his last day in college, he came to me.. talked for a while. We wished each other luck, and he ended with the words that he would miss me through out his life..

You can look at this thing in different perspectives. One could say that such a relation between a student and a teacher is unethical. But I say, that there was nothing wrong in this. He had obvious feelings for me, and I respected it. Its just the magnitude of his feelings that awes me..

Hope he has a good life and finds someone beautiful to share his life with..Amen



0 comments:

Post a Comment